This interactive three-day virtual event, free for United for Libraries members (including Statewide Group Members), will feature expert speakers on current topics facing library Trustees, Friends, Foundations, and staff who work with them.
- Participate in live Q&A sessions with presenters.
- Network with colleagues across the country in roundtable discussions.
- Enjoy exclusive access to keynote speakers and authors.
- Receive a certificate of attendance (for live participation or on-demand viewing).
- Access the recorded programs for 12 months following the virtual event.*
Program topics include:
- Advocacy and Equity: How Library Boards Can Create Lasting Impact through Compelling Cases and Outreach
- Understanding Donor Data Analytics: Why it Matters and What You Can Do With It
- Strategies for Solving Board Problems
- Great Boards Don't Happen by Accident: A Proactive Approach to Building an Effective Board
- Working with Friends and Foundations: Playing for the Same Team
- Ask, Listen, Plan: Engaged Planning for Trustees, Directors and Other Library Leaders
- and more!
Keynote speakers include:
- Jim Taylor, Vice President of Leadership Initiatives, BoardSource [Integrating Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity into Your Board Culture]
- Jan Masaoka, CEO, California Association of Nonprofits
- and more!
Roundtable/Deep Dive opportunities include*:
- Dive deeper with expanded Q&A opportunities with session presenters and keynote speakers.
- Explore topics specific to Friends Groups, Foundations, and Boards of Trustees with seasoned facilitators and your peers around the country.
- Learn about ALA services and resources for intellectual freedom, diversity, and more.
- Discover new titles for your book clubs with Book Buzzes from our partners in publishing.
- and much more!
*Roundtable/Deep Dive sessions will not be included in the conference recordings. To participate, please attend one or more of the live Roundtable/Deep Dive opportunities scheduled daily, August 4-6, 2020, at 2:15 pm eastern. Options will vary by day with a schedule available approximately one week in advance. Attendees will choose one breakout topic per day.